Friday, February 20, 2009

Storms, trains, and the like.....



I was down in Oxley on Brisbane's south side today, visiting two of my grandmother's cousins and got caught in a rather nasty little storm on my way home. As you can see, it wasn't the friendliest sort of storm....

While I was waiting at the station, the rain started, and shortly after the train arrived and we set off, the storm hit with full intensity. I have to admit, it's a very odd experience to be stuck on a train when lightening hits. Very scary too. But despite all that, I did somehow manage to fall asleep a few times along my three hour journey home. I know we were delayed at two different stations along the route, due to trains having to be removed from the lines where they died (their electrics not tending to like rain and lightening and such), and so it delayed my normally two hour train ride by an hour.

That said....it was a good visit, and an interesting ride home.

No comments: