Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Welcome to My World


This is what greeted me this morning around 5am, when I looked out my back windows. For one, it means that cooler weather is finally on its way if the sun is slow in rising these days. For another, it means I'm due some rain potentially. Not necessarily the best of news, given that a great big swathe of Queensland is already currently being washed off the map in torrential flooding, but it might help the heat-wave temperatures we've been suffering in South East Queensland of late.

Nice view though, yeah? And the bird calls.....mmmmmm.....

There's something to be said about being woken to Kookaburras serenading you from your own back yard. That is something that rarely ever happens in Brisbane, and yet here in the Caboolture Shire, I get it every single day. It's one of the best things about living here, actually.

Anyway, stuff to do! Toodles. :-)

2 comments:

Ceramix said...

Oh to have a view like that from my window but at least I have had snow to look at this past week LOL.

wunderlust said...

You've also had torrential flooding.....

I think I'll keep my view, hot sunshine, and the odd shower if it's all the same with you :-)

(at least for now!)