Friday, February 13, 2009

Rainy Day Almost-Autumn-Land

It's raining here today, and while I love that kind of weather (within reason), I don't like having to travel in it. But travel I must today. At least it's not also stinking hot, as it has been recently. That's a good thing. Travelling in HOT rain isn't much fun. Believe me. :-(

But I like the wet. It's rainy day reading weather. Which is what I did yesterday. I sat and read. Something I haven't done in ages, and yet it's something I seriously need to do, if only for my own sanity.

Though it's nice, this rain. Comforting. Something I could happily curl up in my rocking chair and listen to all day. With a handmade rug made for me by my Grandma, wrapped around me and a copy of Tolkein's Lord of the Ring in my lap. It's that kind of weather. Winter kind of weather.

But it's nice and I like it. I don't mind going out in it. Honesty I don't. It's just that's it's more stay at home kind of weather :-)

That said.....best start getting ready. Stay safe, warm, dry, etc...wherever you are in the world!

No comments: