Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A Quick Post About Not Much At All...

I'm doing this blog post only because I was told to. So there. :(

I'm tired. I've been searching for a missing external hard drive that belongs to my friend who went to England last year, because he's over for a visit, and up until about four months ago, I knew EXACTLY where it was, only now it's vanished. So I'm searching for it. I've found loads of neat stuff, lots of crap (to put it bluntly, but not of the actual brown icky and rather smelly variety), heaps of memories (I did kind of wonder where my brain cells had been seeping to of late), plus way too much *stuff*.

Far too many dust bunnies in the back bedroom, for one. Too many scary boxes in that room all told, in actual fact. And I know that the boxes in the garage leave that back room for dead, in sheer numbers....

Gonna have to take care of all of that, aren't I?

So apart from looking through the Black Hole that is my house contents for something I should rightly know the location of, what else have I been up to? Hmm...lots of things in fact.

1. Australia Day - yeah, I know, that was LAST WEEK....but I get there in the end. I went out with a friend of mine to celebrate (supposedly) Australia's National Day. Yeah. Supposedly. What we did, in fact, was watch lots of people walk around with Australian Flag tattoos (temporary ones) all over their bodies, most of whom were also wearing Aussie Flags like capes, and lots of Aussie Flag tops. I felt rather out of place in my Australian t-shirt depicting Ayers Rock (Uluru, now), and a bunch of Australian wildlife. It also seems that because Australia Day fell on a Monday this year, the normal concerts and live bands and such that are always a big part of Australia Day festivities....happened on the weekend. So I was hard-pressed to find anything *live*. Eventually we wandered down to South Bank (and I got a good close up of the Brisbane Eye, or whatever it's being touted as), plus we saw a few live acts here and there, but no music as such. All in all, for me at least, this year's Australia Day was a fair bit dismal compared to what I am used to.

2. I'm being brutal and going through all my posessions, with the eye to a possible move (yet again). After the last time, back in 2007, I know I never want to go through that kind of hell again, so I'm being ruthless this time. Truly and honestly ruthless. And anyway, I have to be, if what I have planned eventuates. (More on that in later posts).

3. I'm going back to university at the end of February - one last time. Whether I finish the subject or not remains to be seen.

4. I'm in the process of realising a (somewhat) lifelong dream. I'm planning a trip abroad at the end of the year, so many things need to be organised for that. Including a passport. Eeep!

5. My writing has yet to start for this year, but I will. I promise! It's been a bad start to the year, all told, so I can only hope it gets better.

6. The weather here has been shocking. Parts of Australia are experiencing Heat Waves, other parts are in flood, yet more places are back in drought.....and then I see on the news that England has been hit with more snow than they've seen in 18 years! Oh for a little cold snap here in Oz just about now :-)

Anyway....best be off and looking for this damn hard drive again.

Grrrr....

Wish me luck!


1 comment:

Ceramix said...

Ummm.... ok.... they say travel broadens the mind.

How broad do you intend?