Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lots of different things.....

Firstly, I must say - Happy New Year.

Now that that is over, let me just catch up on what's been happening since Halloween, which was my last post.

Firstly, a bit before Halloween, my sister got married. Yay!

Secondly, I did okay with my week on no power stint, although not as well as I would have liked. I will do better next time.

Thirdly, the rent-a-house next door has finally been sold and now I have nice new neighbours, with two lovely dogs who enjoy coming over to play with my silly dalmatian.

Fourthly, my other neighbours, who have been here since forever (it seems), well they aren't doing so well. One of them has cancer, and it doesn't look at all good. The person in question has recently been moved to a hospital near by and put in the palliative care unit, so I guess that isn't such great news for them. I still hope every day that it will go into remission, or the docs will find out that it was all one big mistake, and that my neighbour is fine.... Either way, I will be there for those left behind as best I can, but I share their pain. My neighbour is very dear to me, and I don't want to see them go either.

Apart from that, (and to change the subject completely)...

Why is Britain complaining that they don't have enough grit for their roads? Surely, after last year's massive snowfalls, and the fact that they ran out (or came very close to it) , they would make sure that this year they had ample supply? Or is it just me that thinks this makes good sense? If you run out one year, make sure you have enough for the next year! It's called stocking up, fellas!

Over Christmas I finally got myself something I've been wanting for ages. It's a doo-hickey that allows me to transfer all my cassettes to my computer. (It will also do records, cds, videos, etc) So I've been having a play with that, as one of my New Year's Resolutions is to de-clutter my life and my house.

And I have A LOT of cassettes from my teenage years.....

It's been an interesting journey though, finding out what I used to listen to, tranferring stuff that I've never been able to find on CD (or download) over to a more manageable (and storeable) format, plus also discovering some audio files of lectures, rehearsal tapes for concerts I was in, and some recordings of myself!

Anyway, stuff to do...


3 comments:

Ceramix said...

Ah..! You're back in the world of Blog!!! Where've you been?

Seriously, here in the UK we've been asking local councils and the government about the adequate provision of grit and salt. Equally why does it seem the gritter lorries aren't going out until after the snow has fallen and we are all in difficulty? Don't they see the same weather forecast the rest of us get?

wunderlust said...

I've been busy with life, unfortunately, but I'm slowly catching up.

Seems the Met Office in London is in trouble for missing the most recent bout of snow on the radar? Though how you miss something like that is beyond me....

Ceramix said...

You mean that big white swirly thing coming in from Siberia? Nah I have no idea how they missed that either.