Monday, February 16, 2009

The Nature of Blogging

Must I blog EVERY day? It really is a bore sometimes, not to mention a chore. Sometimes I enjoy it, and sometimes, like today, I am only doing it because I've been told I have to.

Granted, I'm not a little kid anymore, and so I don't really have to listen to the people who tell me I need to blog EVERY day, even if what I have to blog about is seriously boring to anyone who isn't me.

And yet, strangely, I feel compelled to be a good little blogger, and do what I'm told. Even if I don't wanna :(

*pout*

But here I am. This is me blogging. Boring, huh? Told you.

So for all those who really don't care, and who aren't interested AT ALL, here's what I've been up to:

1. moved the cats inside due to extreme heat. One of the velcro twins is ill. So she's getting sooked on a lot by the other three. Even Mr Vampire Teeth, who tries to make out he's still a bit of a loner, when he's the biggest sook of the lot.

2. moved my computer table to the other side of the lounge room (TOLD you this would be boring. Feel free to stop reading now if you wish), because I have new neighbours in the rent-a-house next door, and they seem to be teenage boys with skate boards who like to have parties every night, and quite frankly - I couldn't hear myself think, and I no longer have any privacy through the front windows, so I switched my computer table and my two display cupboards around. If I can't have my curtains and window open due to nosey teenagers next door who can see through my curtains anyway, I might as well put a cupboard or two in front of the windows - at least I get SOME privacy that way.

3. my other next door neighbour (the ones on the other side) came and mowed my yard for me yesterday. Big job, but he and his wife were worried about me as they haven't seen me all year, and to be honest - it was starting to look derelict. For a minimal sum, he's happy to keep cutting it regularly. And I'm happy to pay him.

4. My dog gets madder and madder every day. Nothing new there. He's a dalmatian.

5. It's been damn hot here, when it hasn't been raining and flooding the place.

6. Along with Ceramix over in England, I've started a story blog. AND sent requests to my sister, her partner, and Frog In A Sock to come join us in the fun. But so far, no luck. It's a blog called Campfire Tales, and you can find the link in my Good Places To Be (when you're not here) list. But as Ceramix has said, if it ends up just us, then so be it. We can have fun all by our little lonesomes.

*pout*

There. Another boring blog written. Happy now?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you told us that you were paying the tree lopper people to cut your lawn regularly... >[

wunderlust said...

And if they'd bothered to show up since Christmas, I would be. My neighbour at least will be here every fortnight, and for the same price.