Friday, February 13, 2009

Rainy Day Almost-Autumn-Land Part 2


What started out as a nice bit of rain has turned into the beginnings of a flood. All that water behind my fence? That's the council easement behind me in flood, yet again. So no going out today, as it is heading rapidly towards my place. No guarantees I'd get home from Brisbane, for one, either. If it's like that behind me, it will be worse a bit down south of me where all the streams and rivers combine. Weather like this makes for bad trains in my neck of the woods, anyway.

I know it doesn't necessarily look that bad in the pic, but given that that easement is a fair way off, and generally can't be seen from my place.... and normally there is a pathway as well, but its currently under water. Oh and since I took that pic about 10 minutes ago, the water has come closer to my back fence. :-(

Oh and I have a sooky dog who doesn't like the rain, and generally wants his paw held through bad weather!

Grrrr.....

1 comment:

Ceramix said...

Oh that looks bad Wunderlust but thankfully, for you at least, not quite as bad as the floods here this past week. Here's hoping it stays that way and doesn't get any worse or else you'd be forgiven for thinking you were in Jolly Old England LOL.

Stay warm, stay dry. x