Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Choices.....

I have a decision to make, and fairly soon. I'm supposed to be a writer, afterall, so I should be writing, right? So how come I spend an inordinate amount of time doing everything and anything other than writing these days?

Is it from fear? From inability to find writing jobs that actually pay, or is it something else?

Granted, it's been a pretty shit year so far, but it's February now. Time to move on, surely?

And so, tonight, out of sheer frustration at myself for sitting on my bum for a month longer than I had originally planned, (plus also it might have something to do with a few bills that need paying, and the lack thereof when it comes to ready cash with which to pay said bills), I started looking at the prospect of doing paid jobs.

It's a bit scary out there, to be honest. But venture forth, I must. Especially if I want to go overseas any time this year....

I'm still unsure which path to follow at the moment, but I'm lucky to have people around me, willing to give their opinions, suggestions, and support in general.

Here's hoping the rest of the year gets better.


No comments: