Wednesday, December 10, 2008

venture this way at your peril....

Once again an early start, but no matter. Sleeping is overrated, in my opinion :-)

I spent a great deal of time yesterday sorting out my MP3 collection (which is currently on three different hard-drives, and will take me awhile to get through). It's an interesting little detour off life's hard roads, for those willing to venture down that particular dark alleyway, into my music hoard.

Oh! the things to be found in there! Venture that way at your peril! :-)

But it was good to rediscover a few things about myself, if only that I have rather odd music tastes. It also brought back some interesting memories about the years that have since passed us by, and the things I got up to when I was a bit younger than I am now. Makes me sound bad, now, doesn't it? :-)

However, no - I only meant my long association with the choral scene (including men's barbershop - yep, that's men's, even though I am a woman, I sing the male vocal range), as well as with the various drama things I've done. Dark Horse, that's me!

But what more would you expect, with me being a writer? Of course I'm going to be creative. I'm going to be doing things like getting up on stage on a regular basis - something that both terrifies the living daylights out of me, and fills me with glee - to do everything from singing to playing musical instruments, to even acting on occasions. These are things I have done most of my life, in one shape or another.

Perhaps 2009 will see a return to that kind of life for me. Who knows?

Right now, though, I'm taking a well-earned break from serious writing, to just sit and ponder life's mysteries for a few days, and chill out with my music collection. That doesn't mean I'm not writing AT ALL, because I am, but mostly I'm finishing up some things I had to or chose to put aside over the last few years. And generally just taking it easy.

Anyway, coffee and music awaits, and I'm off for another day.

Toodles.

No comments: