Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Trepidation of Story Competition Entries

It's early here, or at least it was when I woke up about an hour ago. I've not been sleeping all that well of late, so I guess early starts are part of that.

I put my completed story in yesterday. It was interesting, standing in the line, waiting to be served, and doing a bit of people watching. I fast realised that I wasn't the only one holding a precious bundle in their hands. :-)

Just in my little section of the line I counted five of us, sheepishly standing there, ever-hopeful looks on our little faces, and our life's blood in five little packages in our hands, each as precious to us as our own lives.

By the time I reached the service desk, the number had risen to eight. Three blokes, five women. All of us, each as equally scared as the other!

Oh well, here's hoping! Only four more months before we find out who the winners are...

No comments: