Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Shopping Centre Christmas - The Revenge of the Snowlord....

As I made it to the doors of the inner sanctum, I realised - with no uncertain dread - that I could no longer hear them behind me. Instead, I became aware of a foreboding presence lingering somewhere in the vicinity I had just vacated. I turned, fearing the worst.

There he was - the Snowlord himself - Frosty.

And behind him, as far as the eye could see - elves and snowmen.

There would be no getting out of this one, it seemed. I found myself being surrounded on all sides. Elves with candy-canes began to herd me towards the doors to the Centre again. Frosty glared at me from behind his little black coal button eyes.

I knew that if I didn't somehow manage to escape, and soon, I would find myself in the crushes with the children, or worse, being forced to sit on Santa's lap - at the threat of a rap from the dreaded candy-cane-carrying-Elves.

There was nothing for it. I kicked out at the Snowmen nearest to me, jumping over fallen top-hats and stamping on pipes in my rush to get away.

They were quick, but I was quicker! Afterall, I had two legs, and Snowmen have none, and I was, quite frankly, desperate!

I turned again, and ran back into the Centre. There HAD to be another way out! Behind me, I could hear the Army of Snow, with Frosty at their head...their evil Elf minions at their every beck and call.

I ran back to where Santa was still miserably handing out presents to the children, and wondered, not for the first time, how I was going to get out of this mess.

I scanned the area as I ran. Up ahead was another emergency exit - this time leading directly onto a proper outdoor area. No chance of Snowmen following me down there, then. Oh! but how to get to it? All around me, as far as the eye could see, were Elves and Snowmen.

Still standing guard over the retched-looking Santa was Mrs Frosty, so no help from the big man in red, then.

Suddenly I realised that I was being watched by a pair of Elves.

To be concluded in the final installment.....
Please note - this story is copyrighted to me, and is not to be republished anywhere.

No comments: