Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ah! the scent of coffee on a sunny Summer morning....


After a rather odd night, filled with odder dreams, it was very nice indeed to see the sunshine this morning. It's an absolutely glorious Sunday here in Queensland, and I, for one, am enjoying it greatly.

I've been outside to have a sit on my back deck with my dalmatian, and we've talked over the morning's events, which for him included early morning barking at everyone going past our back fence, and for me included answering emails from people I enjoy talking to (you know who you are!). I've also been out to the courtyard, which is where I took the photo at the top of this blog. It's a lemon-scented gum, apparently. It's in the middle of shedding its skin/bark, so when there's a breeze we (the animals and I, anyway) get a lovely lemony scent wafting over the courtyard. Not such a bad place to live, I guess.

I have to admit that I do love my little courtyard at the side of my house. It's paved, so no mowing necessary, plus it's lovely and sheltered. One of the main reasons I bought the house, in fact.

Other things happening in my life - I was informed of another writing competition for next year, and on doing some research, found a whole bunch of them, so I will indeed be one very busy girl for the next few months or so. But it's all good - if it gets me published, even better.

Anyway - emails to answer....

Toodles :-)

No comments: