Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Winter is here...the snowqueen cometh....

I went to Mum's last night. 'They' - the proverbial 'they', say that a change is as good as a holiday. Being at Mum's for a night was like going on holiday for a week or so. I felt so much better when I got home today. Bad little me didn't even feel guilty about leaving my pets overnight, though I felt bad about my dog not having her coat on. It was nice to be able to sleep in a bed without three furry little felines to keep me company too.

It was very cold last night - well, cold for the beginning of winter and for where I live anyway. Dad said that where he was last night (he wasn't home) it was minus 4 degrees. It's only going to get colder, Dad! It was good seeing Dad this morning though. I wish I got to see my family a little more, but such is life. At least I talk to Mum pretty regularly. I miss my sister however, but she has her own life these days, so I catch up with her when she can.

I've decided that having lived in this house for the past 13 years, it's time to move on. It won't be soon, but hopefully it will be within the next year. I want to find a house I actually like. This place I live at currently is okay, but it was only ever meant to be a place I lived in for a year or two, tops. But as happens, my life got in the way, and here I still am. I'm going for a mini-trip tomorrow to one of the suburbs that I would like to live in, to see what's around, how far away it is, whether there is a vet within walking distance, as well as shops, schools, parks, etc. And public transport. Gotta love that public transport (especially when you don't drive).

In winter, I love how deep blue the sky gets. It is just so beautiful. I think I'd go batty if I couldn't get outside into the sunshine and fresh air. And out onto the bay. I love to be on boats and ships, and know that there is an ocean near by (or under me, depending on where I am). I also love shipwrecks and beaches, and piers. Anything with water involved, really :-)

I'm hoping to get back out onto the bay soon though. I really miss it.

At least life is keeping me busy these days, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's me, Gladys again!