Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Book Challenge - update

Of course, when I said I would read EVERY book in my collection, I wasn't talking about the textbooks, encyclopaedias, dictionaries, and travel books.....not necessarily, anyway. I was talking more along the lines of the novels - fiction mostly, but there is a handful of non-fiction and biographies in there too.

Also, given I have already read a great number of my books, if I choose to read them again, I will admit to having read them before, like with the C.S. Lewis books (Chronicles of Narnia). I have read each and every single one of those books in that series a good many times over the decades that I have been alive. Probably in the number of around 10 times each? Purely because they are such good books, I choose to read them again. Much as I will never say 'enough is enough' when it comes to re-reading Tolkein or Feist.

So there you go.

Now, because I have a very long train ride home to my soon-to-be-old house, and the Narnia books come with two or three books per hardback, I have chosen another book to use for the train ride (also because the Pratchetts I listed yesterday are actually at my old place and not at my new one yet so I cannot read them on the train ride home, if you get my drift).

So my book for the train ride/sleeping over at Mum's/needing a break from packing is:

PETERS, Ellis
---------------
The Hermit of Eyton Forest - a Mediaeval Whodunnit - the 14th chronicle of Brother Cadfael

I am reading this one because I think it is the ONLY Brother Cadfael book I own, plus it isn't terribly thick, which means it is light and slim enough to fit into my handbag.

I will let you know how I get on!

No comments: