Thursday, November 20, 2008

Today's storm on approach - due to hit any time now



It hasn't hit yet, but it's on its way. These are the scenes from my driveway. The top photo is looking to the south where Brisbane is, the bottom photo is directly in front of me and shows only the bottom half of what is actually a mushroom cloud. Don't let the fluffy white nature of these clouds fool you. They are dangerous things. I don't plan on being online for much longer, as that storm is very close now and is due to hit fairly soonish.

Here's hoping it's just a light bit of rain (and pigs might fly, I know)....

1 comment:

Ceramix said...

I have a friend who works at the Melbourne weather bureau. We met on a Kate Bush forum then met in real life when he got posted to the UK for a year. Maybe I'll drop him a line, see if he has a handle on things...