Thursday, September 25, 2008

The birth of "Fat Dally"



Since about 2004, and continuing on until present day, I've been writing a series of short stories based on the adventures of my two dalmatians. In late 2006, I decided that I would morph the adventures into that of jus
t one dalmatian, who I have named "Fat Dally"...at least for now.

Hence the illustration above. He's an original by me (though based perhaps a little on good old Snoopy, at least in body shape), and I thought that you might like to meet him.

I'm hoping eventually to have enough time soonish to sit down and revise a lot of the stories I wrote in the early years, as well as the later stuff, and see if I can make them more about this little fella, rather than about first an old female dally, and then a young male dally pup - both with distinctive (but different) personalities. I know it will take time, but at least it will give me incentive to write more!

Here's to much more adventures of Fat Dally and many more hours hard slog (umm...enjoyment) over my writing!

2 comments:

Ceramix said...

Are you published anywhere?

wunderlust said...

I have some stuff on here:

http://writing.com/authors/oglala

although I haven't updated it in a year or so, and I write under a pseudonym on there. Really should add some more. I'm currently writing a 5000 word story about Brisbane for a book competition though, so it's still all go here.

I've got some other things published over the years - not all of them stories (mostly articles), as I used to be editor of a few club journals. Apart from that, I've been fairly lazy recently as far as my writing goes because I chose to go back to university.

Does that answer your question? :-)