Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The War of the Flu Rages On

Day three and counting. Not bad, I guess, but I know that the sooner this damn flu is over and done with, the better. I know I'm very much looking forward to being able to breathe again properly, not to mention actually being able to hear what people are saying to me :-)

I came across a giant tissue today. Now that sounds odd, I'll grant you that, and I'm sure it conjures up some rather strange imagery for some folk out there (ala The Goodies and the episode "Kitten Kong", perhaps?), and perhaps its the cold and flu tablet I took making me a tad stranger than usual, but I really did come across a giant tissue.

My boyfriend has a box of them. They are quite simply, HUGE. Kind of like men's hankies, only made of tissues, I guess. He offered me one, because I guess he might have been sick of the dripping from my nose or something :-), but he offered (proffered, perhaps?) me this huge tissue to stop the drip nevertheless.

I'm glad he did though, because even wadded up in the corner of my jeans pocket, they are still quite useful, and seem to be far stronger than the average garden-variety tissue you get.

Now for something OTHER than a discourse on tissue sizes (its not the size, but how you use it, I know...) and strengths :-)

I've been catching up on Dr Who. Old and New. I procured a copy of the very first Dr Who episode the other day, the one with William Hartnell as The Doctor. Oh God is it bad! But its still really cool too. Having tonight just watched episode 10 of Season 2 of the new Dr Who, its quite obvious that the good old BBC has at least gained a halfway decent budget since 30-odd years ago when Dr Who first started out!

Last season (Season 1 of the new Dr Who), I quite liked the doctor - and the actor that plays him, but having just sat through 11 episodes with the new doctor - David Tennant - I think he's a much nicer perve....*ahem*....a far better doctor - yeah, that'd be it :-)

Other things going on in my life:

1. Still slowly sorting through 13 years worth of stuff so that one day eventually within the next year or so, I'm actually going to be able to finally move house.

2. Obviously trying to get over the flu...

3. Trying to make a list of all the dvds I own, plus eventually doing the same for cds, mp3s, books, etc, though they might end up waiting until I've moved I think.

4. Keeping my pets alive and well, while trying not to go insane sometimes because they are just so silly at times. I'm sure that one of these days the kittens are going to learn that its impossible to balance on top of the handle of a broom, but then again, maybe they won't either. Blah!

5. Spending time with my boyfriend, now that I have one, and getting to know him better.

6. Getting certain things in my life sorted out once and for all, so that I can move on and enjoy the next however many years I have left :-)

You know, that kind of thing!

Anyway, now that my nose is completely blocked, I'd best go and unblock it (not that you needed to know that, I guess). Toodles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! I know the man-sized tissues you mean. They are fantastic - I always get them when I have the flu.

Anonymous said...

You're getting slack with your posts - you're supposed to be writing regular-like... You know, practising to be a writer etc....