Thursday, March 12, 2020

It's Official

Last night the World Health Organisation (WHO) formally, and finally, announced that we are in a state of Pandemic.

Italy has closed its doors and is in a state of total quarantine. The only way to visit now is virtually - via the web.

Iran is a complete mess. The virus is spreading madly over there.

Australia will be announcing a few new protocols fairly soon, with an overnight increase form 65 to 77 cases in NSW alone.

Panic buying and hoarding continue unabated here in the Great Southern Land.

- - - - - 

Autumn arrived with a bang this week. Last week we were 36+ degrees Celsius. This week we are lucky to see 27 degrees C.

With the help of a friend and their ride on mower, I am slowly getting on top of the sudden growth of grass and weeds here on the farm, while also dealing with sick sheep.

We have a cyclone off the coast, so these few days of sunshine are a nice respite from the rain that is due to arrive once again this weekend.

I am starting my veggie patch today in my small greenhouse, as well as some cottage garden flowers for one small corner of my little enclosed garden, now that I have a safe haven away from the farm animals and prying eyes of neighbours. 

With all the dramas going on in the world, I am very glad I have this little square garden, with its tall colourbond fencing, off my back verandah. My little bit of private oasis away from the world. 

No comments: